Tims migration failed, but I have an account!

I have an existing Tim’s card and I received a Neo Standard card in the mail which activated. But on transition day, it never showed in my Neo account.

I tried to ask the support bot for help migrating, but it simply said that it cannot be merged and I’ll just get mailed statements going forward, and need to pay manually and only ask for phone support.

Is that really the case? I don’t want to close the account as it’ll affect my credit age but I don’t want to wait for mailed statements and never be able to see what’s going on with my card until the paper arrives.

@permastudent Hi there! Did you receive the migration email with the link to transfer your account, and have you already gone through those steps?
That email link is required to migrate from tims to Neo. In addition, if you hold a Tims Secured card, the security funds are used to pay off your balance first, if there’s any remaining balance beyond the deposit, that must be paid off in full first to finalize the migration

Hi! I used the link and filled everything out, but it just went to a blank screen. I had assumed it worked and didn’t think anything of it until the Tims app removed the financial tab and my card wasn’t in my Neo app.

Is there a workaround for this?

Got it! I will shoot you a DM so I can look into it

@permastudent Quick clarification here on how the credit card migration works:

Closing the original Tims account is standard for all migrations, whether you have a standard or secured card. Here is how each type is handled:

  • Standard Cards: Your existing credit balance and limit transfer over to your Neo account, so your credit utilization stays the same.

  • Secured Cards: Your security deposit is used to pay off your Tims balance first, and any leftover security funds are transferred directly to your Neo account.

Since your balance is either transferred or paid off with your deposit, your overall credit utilization remains healthy during the process