DragonPass features

Just checked out the new Mastercard Travel Pass (DragonPass) benefit on my Neo World Elite Mastercard and figured I’d share what it actually does.

The marketing makes it sound like you suddenly unlocked VIP airport life:

  • • 1,300+ airport lounges
  • • Fast Track security
  • • Airport transfers
  • • Restaurant offers

After setting it up, here’s the reality.

Lounges

You get access to the DragonPass lounge network, but not free lounge visits.

My account shows:

Cardholder: USD $32 per visit, Guest: USD $32

So if you’re travelling with someone, you’re looking at about USD $64 to get both of you into a lounge.

Fast Track

Available, but mine shows “Pay as you go.”

In other words, if an airport offers Fast Track through DragonPass, I can buy it through the app. No complimentary passes included.

Airport Transfers

Mine literally says: “You don’t have any entitlements”

Looks like it’s just access to their airport transfer booking service rather than any included rides or credits.

Restaurant Offers

This one says: “Unlimited discounts/promotions”

Which sounds fancy until you realize it basically means access to whatever discounts DragonPass has negotiated with airport restaurants

No free meals, no dining credits.

For the Neo World Elite Mastercard, DragonPass appears to be a membership and booking platform, not a bundle of free airport perks.

Thanks for summarizing this. Useful to see. I was also a little disappointed after reading into it. Would be nice to get some real lounge access with our cards!

This is true and applies to all basic MasterCard World Elite cards not only the Neo Financial one. You get the same DragonPass offer with Rogers Red for example.

Yes, you are right my friend!

Honestly, I had the same reaction when I first got the card. I’m not paying $32 USD ($64 really, because I generally travel with my wife) given that I am usually only waiting for an hour-ish.

If a lot of people really value it, we can make a business case for improving the passes, but I haven’t heard much myself.

With the United World Elite you now have a strong one haha :grin::grin:

I recently looked into this as well and found the exact same thing. Pretty disappointed to see the card we are now paying $149 for annually gets us virtually no perks in this area. Maybe an area for improvement.

This is good to know! I was considering it for July! I am going to reconsider lol

I can vouch that every Canadian Immigrant (that I know) is looking for lounge access. I keep a TD first Class travel card exclusively for the free lounge access. I use the concerige service as well for booking flight tickets.

I definitely think there’s a world where we release a more travel-oriented card that includes them. One decent workaround I’ve heard of is just to accumulate the airline status points. If you get Silver ($4,000 in a year) with WestJet, for example, you get 6 lounge passes. Not possible for everyone, but if you’re home twice a year, you’re almost there.