Unlimited Virtual Cards

i think Neo should have unlimited virtual cards like privacy.com but since its only available in the states I think neo would be great for it like a virtual card for netflix and etc

I concur. This would be amazing and if a company got hacked it wouldn’t leak your credit card details across other platforms

I would be down even to pay some amount of money per month to have this feature.
Unlimited - is impossible though from technical point of view, but like 5-10 would be already a huge thing.
BUT! definitely have a ‘shady payment card’ so that if you buy something from a site that should be legit but you do not know, you can have a virtual card that doesn’t have your real name and so on, while in the Neo DB it is clear who paid what, so that it’s not useful for fraud - because it’s directly tied to you, but very useful for protection against identity theft.

That would be very helpful especially for the sites that put you on recurring payments without being very clear about it (mobile number verifiers), it could also be like wise with one main account and sub accounts linked to different cards. Me personally would love to manage my cards like that with Neo like I have done with wise multiple times (I have 3 lol).

I had forgotten since I realized privacy.com was American only when I first checked but YES! This would be such an amazing feature for

  • protecting privacy
  • controlling and organizing spending
  • Limiting fraud due to card detail leaks being “sandboxed” to the virtual card that can
    • a) be cancelled without impacting other payments, and
    • b) preset to allow use with only certain merchants or up to a certain, low, user-set limit, etc.

Are you saying every Neo Client should have an unlimited virtual credit card limits?

No not credit limit, unlimited number of virtual cards, all based off of and tied to a single real card. If you haven’t seen the idea before (which is understandable as it’s not common actually especially in Canada from what I see) look into privacy.com, it’s very cool!

What would be the purpose. Unless it is for a company. But I still don’t understand. If they were expense account cards, each card would have a seperate number. Please explain. Thanks.

Think of a virtual privacy card like giving a store a temporary, disposable card number instead of your real one.

When you shop online, a service like this creates a digital card number specifically for that purchase. The money still comes from your normal bank account, but the store never sees your actual card details.

The main purposes are:

  1. Safety from Hacks & Scams: If an online store gets hacked or turns out to be dishonest, the thieves only get a disposable number—your real credit card and bank account stay completely hidden and safe.
  2. Stopping Unwanted Charges: You can set strict rules on the card—such as setting a maximum spending limit (e.g., “never charge more than $15”) or setting it to automatically self-destruct after a single use. This prevents companies from secretly billing you for subscriptions you didn’t want to renew.

It’s not a common feature in Canada, in fact I don’t think anyone does it here. It is most common in Europe, although I think there are some Latin American fintechs that do it too. Most people I’ve talked to who use largely use it for subscription management.

I.e. if they want to cancel their Netflix subscription, they just cancel the unique virtual card they used to sign up for Netflix and there’s no risk of Netflix charging them ever again. You can also set a transaction limit of like $50, so it works for Netflix, but if Netflix is compromised and a scammer gets the number, they can only spend $50 before alerting you to the fact the card is compromised.

because the subscription management is not a feature yet :sweat_smile:
I have some subscription on my UA mono card and they option to block certain merchants.

basically you can view a list of merchants that you bought something from digitally e.g. amazon, spotify, netflix and so on

when you open merchant page you can see all transactions with that merchant and have two buttons:
disassociate the card from the service (have no idea what they do under the hood)
and block further billings.

But I would say it’s from the security purposes nice to have like a special card for online purchases that is digital only and always have 2FA

this way you can setup very good defense: you block online transactions on all other cards
and this one never goes without your approval.

also, virtual cards are nice when you want to purchase something from a small or barely known vendor comes up with hobbies.

I have never heard of this before but LOVE this. I was thinking of something similar lately as I just lost my wallet while camping… :frowning: . it was incredibly easy to freeze and get a new card from NEO. But it is incredibly annoying to search for all the places that I have the credit card number saved online and change it out. To your point - I dont even like having my credit card number out there saved with vendors.

Love the idea of having virtual numbers saved with a vendor with specific safeguards and limits to it, we could even get notifications if non typical payments are happening. Could do something similar with bank account withdrawals - I dont neccessarily enjoy that my gym has my bank account numbers on hand to do direct withdrawals.

I was thinking about how PayPal or apple pay works - they store your card information and if you can pay that way then the vendor actually doesnt see your card information. Made me wonder about usage more broadly and if there would be opportunity for NEO to act as that privacy intermediary but also simplifying the hunt if you ever have to replace a card number.

With the recent news of privacy.com changing into something rather ironic and opposite to the original purpose, those comparisons should probably be qualified for clarity, but it (and countless situations since the last activity here) reminded me how nice of a feature this would be!