Happy Friday! With Motherās Day this weekend, Iāve been thinking about the simple lessons that shaped my finances.
My mom used to give me two cookies but told me to save the second one for the next day. If I did, sheād reward me. That one small habit taught me the power of delayed gratification, now, I never make money without putting some aside first.
Whether it was through an allowance or leading by example, moms are often our first financial ācoaches.ā
Whatās a simple childhood lesson that turned into a major money skill for you?
Hahaha, exactly! Back then I was thinking āit all ends up in the same place anyway, so why the torture?ā but that willpower definitely paid off in the long run.
Main childhood lesson was donāt buy anything you canāt afford now. Thatās how many of the older generations still do things if they can. Only use credits cards for points and then pay them off right away. I know not everyone can do this, but if you can, stick with it.